Free-range, drug-free, humanely raised chicken
Our chickens are humanely raised without antibiotics or other drugs. They are raised in the grass from day one. Our chickens are currently for sale frozen. We have two types of USDA processed chicken available:
Heritage Chicken: This is the chicken everyone loved until the Cornish-X breed arrived in the 1930′s. These require a slower cooking method to be tender, but the rich chicken flavor is worth the wait.
Cornish-X Chicken: If you’ve bought grocery store chicken since 1960, this is the chicken you are used to seeing. It is very tender with any cooking method, and has a great flavor and texture.
- Whole Cornish-X Chicken $4/lb, weights from 2.5 to 5 lbs.
- Breasts, 2 to a pack, $7/lb. We have heritage, and cornish-x, so you can try them side by side
- Leg quarters, 2 to a pack $5.50/ lb. We recommend the heritage legs for a braised or slow cooking recipe, while the cornish-x legs are great cooked any way.
- Gizzards ($3.75/lb), livers($1.50/lb), hearts($3.60/lb), feet ($2.50/lb) necks ($2.60), backs ($2.40/lb) in bulk packs from 3 to 10lbs only.
Mutton and Lamb
Frozen USDA processed Mutton from our flock of pasture raised Shetland sheep. The chops are from .5lb to 1lb packs, the ground is right around 1lb per pack. Legs and shoulders are in the 4 tp 5 lb range.
- legs, 10 $/lb
- shoulders, 8.80 $/lb
- chops, 11.75 $/lb
- ground, 7.65 $/lb
While we won’t have much produce for the 2012 season, we do still have potted herbs, seedlings, onion sets, seeds, celery, spring onions, greens.
We almost never use chemicals on our food. If we must, and only as a last resort, we will only use chemicals from the organic list. This is very rare for us; maybe once every few years, on a specific set of plants.
- Egg Cartons $.25 each
- Hand Crafted Crochet Hats and Cowls, Earrings, Hemp rope Jewelry:~$10-25. email sarah@riversongfarm to special order. Check out the crafts page to see what’s available.
- Roving, $25/lb
- Sheep Skin/Fleece $100/ea