Next install will be early April 2011. See our Calendar for a more specific date.
See our bee page for more information about our bees. We are not bee experts, so this class will be more about getting hands on with the bees than gaining a deep understanding of bee management.
Our goals for this install:
- Start one new hive from a set of packaged bees and queen
- Split our largest existing hive into two
- Add a new queen to the queenless split hive
- Kill old queen in the split hive, and replace her with a new one
- Replace the existing queen in our second existing hive